Yes, finally block will always be executed.
finally block is mainly used to do clean-up task. It is always executed even when no exception occur. It will not execute only in case program exits using System.exit() or because of some fatal error cause program to abort. It is followed by either catch or try block.
Note: A try block can have one or more catch block associated with it, but only one finally block can be associates with it.
Java interview questions on exception handling
- what is an exception?
- How the exceptions are handled in java?
- What is the difference between error and exception in java?
- Can we keep other statements in between try catch and finally blocks?
- Explain the exception hierarchy in java?
- What are runtime exceptions in java?
- What is outofmemoryerror in java?
- What are checked and unchecked exceptions in java?
- What is the difference between classnotfoundexception and noclassdeffounderror in java?
- Will finally block get executed if return?
- Can we throw an exception without throws?
- What is rethrowing an exception in java?
- What is the use of throws keyword in java?
- What is exception propagation in java?
- Difference between throw and throws in java?
- What is finally in java?
- What is the difference between final finally and finalize in java?
- How to create customized exceptions in java?
- What is classcastexception in java?
- What is stackoverflowerror in java?
- What is the superclass of all exception classes?
- What is the use of printstacktrace method in java?