Java uses the concept of string literal to make Java more memory efficient because no new objects are created if it exists already in string constant pool).
Java interview questions on string handling
- Why string objects are immutable in java?
- How many ways we can create the string object?
- Why java uses the concept of string literal?
- What is the basic difference between string and stringbuffer object in java?
- What is the difference between stringbuffer and stringbuilder class in java?
- How to create immutable class in java?
- What is the purpose of toString() method in java?
- Is string a keyword in java?
- Is string a primitive type or derived type?
- What is string constant pool in java?
- What are mutable and immutable objects in java?
- What is string intern in java?
- Can we call string class methods using string literals?