Because interface not have any instance fields so nothing to construct. Now the question arise how interface can be inherited without constructor because subclass constructor call super class constructor. Now we have two cases. First case is when an interface extends other interface, in this case there is no issue because no interface have constructor and hence no super class constructor call. Second case when a class implements an interface, in this case there is no inheritance because class implements interface not extends interface.
Java nterview questions on inheritance
- What is inheritance in java?
- Why inheritance is used in java?
- What are the types of inheritance in java?
- Why multiple inheritance is not supported in java?
- How to implement multiple inheritance in java?
- Are interfaces also inherited from Object class?
- Why an interface cannot have constructor in java?
- How do you restrict a member of a class from inheriting to it’s sub classes?
- Can a class extend itself in java?
- Are constructors inherited in java?
- What happens if both superclass and subclass have a field with same name?
- Are static members inherited to subclasses in java?