ClassNotFoundException is an exception that occurs when we try to load a class at run time using Class.forName() or loadClass() methods and mentioned classes are not found in the classpath.
NoClassDefFoundError is an error that occurs when a particular class is present at compile time, but was missing at run time.
Java interview questions on exception handling
- what is an exception?
- How the exceptions are handled in java?
- What is the difference between error and exception in java?
- Can we keep other statements in between try catch and finally blocks?
- Explain the exception hierarchy in java?
- What are runtime exceptions in java?
- What is outofmemoryerror in java?
- What are checked and unchecked exceptions in java?
- What is the difference between classnotfoundexception and noclassdeffounderror in java?
- Will finally block get executed if return?
- Can we throw an exception without throws?
- What is rethrowing an exception in java?
- What is the use of throws keyword in java?
- What is exception propagation in java?
- Difference between throw and throws in java?
- What is finally in java?
- What is the difference between final finally and finalize in java?
- How to create customized exceptions in java?
- What is classcastexception in java?
- What is stackoverflowerror in java?
- What is the superclass of all exception classes?
- What is the use of printstacktrace method in java?