String object in the string constant pool is called as String Intern. We can create an exact copy of heap memory string object in string constant pool.
intern(): Returns a canonical representation for the string object.
Syntax: public String intern().
Note: It returns a string that has the same contents as this string, but is guaranteed to be from a pool of unique strings.
Java interview questions on string handling
- Why string objects are immutable in java?
- How many ways we can create the string object?
- Why java uses the concept of string literal?
- What is the basic difference between string and stringbuffer object in java?
- What is the difference between stringbuffer and stringbuilder class in java?
- How to create immutable class in java?
- What is the purpose of toString() method in java?
- Is string a keyword in java?
- Is string a primitive type or derived type?
- What is string constant pool in java?
- What are mutable and immutable objects in java?
- What is string intern in java?
- Can we call string class methods using string literals?