Maven local repository is a directory on the developer’s machine. It gets created when we run any maven command for the first time. It contain all the dependencies (downloaded by maven) like library jars, plugin jars etc.
Default location of maven local repository is user-home/.m2 directory. We can change the default location of maven local repository by changing the settings.xml file. It is located in MAVEN_HOME/conf/settings.xml.
<settings> <localRepository> //Set desired location </localRepository> </settings>
- What are the build tools in java?
- What are the aspects Maven manages?
- how to check the maven version in windows?
- how to check the maven version in linux?
- how to check the maven version in mac?
- What information does pom contain?
- What is a goal in maven?
- What are the types of repository in maven?
- Explain Maven repository search order
- What is local repository in maven?
- What is central repository in maven?
- What is remote repository in maven?
- What is maven plugin used for?
- What are the types of maven plugins?
- What is archetype in maven?
- How profiles are specified in maven?
- How can you build your project offline?
- How to exclude dependency in maven?