A web server is used to handler HTTP requests from client browsers and respond with HTML response. A web server understands HTTP language and runs on HTTP protocol.
Apache Web Server is kind of a web server and then we have specific containers that can execute servlets and JSPs known as servlet container, for example Tomcat.
Application Servers provide additional features such as Enterprise JavaBeans support (EJB), JMS Messaging support, Transaction Management etc. i.e. Application server is a web server with additional functionalities to help developers with enterprise applications.
- What is a Web application?
- What is a Web browser?
- What is different between web server and application server?
- What is a servlet container?
- What is MIME Type?
- Why do we need a constructor in a servlet if we use the init method?
- When servlet object is created?
- Who is responsible for creating the servlet object?
- What is the difference between HttpServlet and GenericServlet?
- What is HTTPServletRequest class?
- What is HTTPServletResponse class?
- How can we create deadlock condition on our servlet?
- For initializing a servlet can we use a constructor in place of init()?
- How to read form data in servlet?
- How to write html contents using servlets?
- How to send an authentication error from a servlet?
- What is servlet collaboration?
- What is lazy loading?
- How do we call one servlet from another servlet?
- What is the difference between sendRedirect and RequestDispatcher?
- Can we call a jsp from the servlet?
- How to configure a central error handling page in servlets?
- How to get session object?
- How to set attribute in session object?
- How to get attribute from session object?