A database can be defined as an organized collection of data. A database is nowadays, usually stored and accessed electronically from a computer system. A database can be classified into various types based on its usage, but it can be broadly divided into 3 types:
- RDBMS (Relational Database Management System)
- OLAP (Online Analytical Processing)
- NoSQL (recently developed database)
NoSQL Database is a non relational database, which is used to store and retrieve data other than tabular relations model, i.e, without using tables and is thus used to store big data and real-time web applications.
Advantages of using NoSQL Databases:
- NoSQL Database facilitates efficient Horizontal Scalability.
- NoSQL Database is a more simpler and easy to use database server, when compared to those of relational databases.
- NoSQL Database facilitates fast data storage and retrieval functionalities.