String handling is a way of handling and manipulating strings in java with the help of lot concepts like concatenation, comparison etc.
In General – String is sequence of characters.
In Java – String is an object which is created by using String class. String objects are immutable and they can’t modified i.e. any change in the existing object will result into a new object.
Java interview questions on string handling
- Why string objects are immutable in java?
- How many ways we can create the string object?
- Why java uses the concept of string literal?
- What is the basic difference between string and stringbuffer object in java?
- What is the difference between stringbuffer and stringbuilder class in java?
- How to create immutable class in java?
- What is the purpose of toString() method in java?
- Is string a keyword in java?
- Is string a primitive type or derived type?
- What is string constant pool in java?
- What are mutable and immutable objects in java?
- What is string intern in java?
- Can we call string class methods using string literals?