It depends upon the project requirement. Let’s discuss some points which can affect the choice of web service type.
- SOAP is more secured than rest. So choose SOAP if security matters like in banking projects.
- REST can be used for quick implementation because it can be created easily.
- SOAP can be used if only XML data is used otherwise use REST which support various formats like text, JSON and XML.
- Interview questions on web services.
- What is interoperability in web services?
- Explain web service protocol stack layers
- Explain web service architecture with diagram
- What is UDDI?
- What tools are used to test web services?
- What are different types of web services?
- What are the elements of soap message?
- What is wsdl in web services?
- What is difference between top down and bottom up approach in soap web services?
- Explain contract first approach in web service
- Explain contract last approach in web service
- What is a resource in restful web services?
- What are the http methods used in restful web services?
- What are different ways to test web services?
- Can we maintain user session in web services?
- How to choose between soap and rest web services?
- Explain annotations used in jax-ws api
- How to get wsdl file of a soap web service?
- What is JAX-RS API?
- Explain some implementations of jax-rs api
- What are the annotations used in JAX-RS API?
Please follow and like us: