Features of CouchDB
The unique yet attractive features of CouchDB are listed below:
- CouchDB is a NoSQL database.
- Follows document storage.
- Documents are the primary unit of data without any set limit to text size or element count.
- The interface Futon facilitates a browser-based GUI.
- The GUI handles data, permission and configuration.
- Supports master-master replication with custom conflict resolution functions.
- Supports all the features of ACID properties.
- Overwriting of data is not possible after it entered into the disc. Document updates support Atomicity.
- The updates will either be saved completely or will not be saved at all.
- All the update are mostly serialized.
- Any number of clients can read a document without waiting and without being interrupted.
JSONP for Free:
- The database becomes the accessible cross-domain for the GET requests when the config is updated to allow_jsonp = true.
Authentication and Session Support:
- Authentication can be kept open via a session cookie-like web application.
- Database-level security.
- Separated permissions per database for readers and admins.
- Both reading and writing to the database are supported, for the reader.
- Validation of the inserted data to ensure that the creator of the document is the one who is logged in can be done by combining with authentication.
Map/Reduce List and Show:
- Follows Map/Reduce query method.
Please follow and like us: