No, interfaces not inherited from object class.
Inheritance is a way to implement IS-A relationship i.e. parent child relationship. Subclass inherits the super class properties like data member, methods. Inheritance is the way of re-usability of code.
Interface is a way of implementing 100% abstraction. An interface is declared with interface keyword. It can contain only abstract methods and static final data members Or Interface is a group of related abstract methods.
Java nterview questions on inheritance
- What is inheritance in java?
- Why inheritance is used in java?
- What are the types of inheritance in java?
- Why multiple inheritance is not supported in java?
- How to implement multiple inheritance in java?
- Are interfaces also inherited from Object class?
- Why an interface cannot have constructor in java?
- How do you restrict a member of a class from inheriting to it’s sub classes?
- Can a class extend itself in java?
- Are constructors inherited in java?
- What happens if both superclass and subclass have a field with same name?
- Are static members inherited to subclasses in java?